Here are a few thoughts in response to tonight’s Vice Presidential debate. A debate in which a 69-year-old took a slug of Jack Daniels, went out back, rolled up his sleeves and proceeded to beat a guy 28 years his junior like a dirty rug.
-You can tell which side on by how much the other side is whining. (This was admittedly true after the presidential debate also). On that note, somebody send the waaambulance and a box of Kleenex to FOX News.
-Romney interrupts and condescends and he is “aggressive.” (And labeled the winner) Biden does the same thing and he is “disrespectful.” The Randian is a victim….IRONY.
- Oh, it sucks to have a biased moderator? You don’t say.
-There is no need for much fact checking on Ryan, because nothing concrete was ever discussed. Vague, broad brushstrokes.
-Biden gets in the 47% comment, but doesn’t quite follow through.
- I despise that we are still discussing abortion. Wasn’t that settled with Roe V Wade? Here’s the deal, if you are letting your faith guide the way you play to govern, then you are ignoring the fundamental principle of separation of church and state. Love the Founding Fathers? Hear their words. You can’t have it both ways.
“Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people who declared that their legislature should ‘make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,’ thus building a wall of separation between Church and State.” -Thomas Jefferson
- Hey, at least Ryan didn’t have his notes written on his hand.
- Best wordsmithing: malarkey and soliloquy. (Biden)
- 2008 called, they want the crazy Alaskan ex-VP-candidate turned Tea Party celebutante on FOX to STFU.
-Ryan brought a knife to a gunfight, but frankly, who gives a shit about the VP? Unless the President dies, they are in charge of fundraising and photo ops.
Note to Obama: Clinton gave you a comfortable lead but you blew it. Biden stopped your hemorrhaging tonight. Next week, it is all you. And you better BRING IT.